The Intro Into My Life

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Life Update: 7/6/11

This morning I finished the house. Barring normal repairs and upkeep, it's done.
OK, the garage still needs an overhaul but I'll hire a contractor for that.

Work's work. Good days, bad days, and a good paycheck.
The next 4 weeks are going to be feh though; I'm covering for someone for half of it.

Fred's still Fred. I worry she gets lonely when no one's here. I may get her a friend soon.

My parents, sister, and brother-in-law are in town. Been hanging out with them as much as possible. Only 1 fight so far with Mom, but that's really good for us.

Last Friday night, a deer hit their rental car and trashed the front end. We were OK and the deer only lost a tuft of hair and crapped down the side of the car. Hopefully it lived without internal injuries. A woman stopped to see if we were OK (don't forget- I live in Wisconsin; people are known to be considerate here). She's 47, looks younger than I am (and I am in no way exaggerating), a teacher's aide and freelance photographer, and is a grandmother. She gave me her cell#, which I used to invite her and her 2 youngest (she has 3 offspring, the eldest being a Marine) to our July 4th pig roast. They came, we ate, we talked, we laughed, we blew up stuff, etc. I like her kids: a 10yoa boy who's a typical lad of his age and 16yoa girl who's a typical brooding, "everything's lame and different from when you lived with the dinosaurs, Mom" lass of her age. The woman was visibly weirded out when she found out our age difference (not that I mind), so that was the end of that.
If nothing else, I brought the most attractive woman to the party :)


Been biking everywhere I can. People laugh at my '72 Hawthorne while they ride their insanely priced 15-speed bikes with GPS and shock absorbers. I laugh at them 'cause I'm getting 4 times the exercise, and riding a cooler looking bike.




That's it, peoples. Life's still going on.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

picking up older women now? Skillzzzz!

"How'd you two meet?"

"I hit a deer"

-Flippy

silentssscream said...

Honest to shit, that was one hot woman.