The Intro Into My Life

Saturday, October 15, 2011

Stupid People Should Not Have Garage Sales (except for my benefit)



I spent a bit o' cash this morning at a rummage sale. One that I drove an hour due to one word in their ad on Craigslist: comics.

Holy ****, Batman! WHATTA HAUL!!!

This guy told me why he had all the comics he did: apparently one of Marvel's first editors lived nearby and when he died, his family sold the comics and original art. The editor had quite some collection. HOWEVER--- the garage sale guy did not bother to find out anything about the comics, he just liked them. Eventually his wife told him to get rid of them and as they were having a rummage sale anyway....

So I spent $80 on comics this morning. And among my personal collection now lays pristine copies of Batman #36 (1946), Superman #56 (1949), Avengers #8 (1964), Captain Marvel #50 (1943), and 25 other early edition Silver-age classics (from the likes of Amazing Spider-Man, Avengers, Fantastic Four, Action Comics, Thor, and others).
29 comics for $80 = $2.76 each. The issues specifically mentioned are worth over $100 EACH.



All I'm going to say is that if you don't know how much something is worth, don't sell it at a rummage sale. 'Cause I'll buy it and laugh my ass off all the way home :D

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

geek



-SG

silentssscream said...

Yeah? And?

Anonymous said...

whatta haul!
hahaha


-Flippy